Memory Care in Downingtown PA
McKendree Gardens is the Memory Support neighborhood at Simpson Meadows specifically designed for older adults with dementia, specializing in Alzheimer’s dementia. Residents enjoy comfortable, private rooms, including a personal bath. Our memory care experts have been specially trained in care rooted in dignity and respect, and provide care with kindness and compassion—24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Residents’ days are comprised of customized personal and group activities, designed to optimize individual abilities.
Seniors in our memory care community enjoy beautiful gardens with safe, secure walking paths, a bright country kitchen, two activities areas, and an attractive living room. Residents enjoy delicious, freshly prepared meals in the company of new friends in a family-style dining room.
Memory loss not only affects the individual, but also their family and loved ones. We encourage family involvement through 24-hour visitation, and we strive to create an environment that supports everyone involved in your loved one’s care.
For a quick look into our residences, watch our virtual tour. To see more of our campus and learn more about life at Simpson Meadows, schedule an in-person tour today.
Our private suites include:
- Bedroom/sitting area with a large window and abundant natural light
- Residents are encouraged to add personal touches to their suites
- A large closet
- Private full bath with a shower stall, personal shower attachment and safety bars
- A memory cabinet by the door
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Levered handles on all doors
- Wall-to-wall carpet
- Fire alert system for personal safety
- Telephone and cable connect
Community amenities include:
- Gracious dining room for residents and their guests
- Multipurpose room for activities and events
- Laundry room
- Full-service beauty salon with barber services
- Secured outdoor patio
- 24-hour nursing